Custom, very limited-availability art, Deluxe finish. This beautiful-ugly Algal Bloom is inspired by guitar and banjo headstocks produced by Bacon & Day in the 1930s, complete with glass rhinestones.
Hidden red LED.*
*(NOTE: this specific custom Algal Bloom has a large 5/8" hidden LED, rather than the small 2mm hidden LED usually seen on this design.)
The Algal Bloom Modified starts with FuzzHugger's classic chord-friendly, overdriven fuzz, and enhances its best qualities: Dial in more gain and thickness than ever before. Slightly higher-fi, with lower overall noise levels, and a touch more sustain. The Headroom knob improves on the pedal's chord-friendliness, delivering extra clarity and definition as you turn right, shifting to a hot-yet-clear, less clipped tone. Great for cleaning up the tone, and for lower tunings and bass. Accepts 9 - 18v, with Voltage knob to reduce voltage and relax gain and response.
FuzzHugger Algal Bloom Modified (Graphic, Deluxe Finish)
• Headroom: Reduces clipping and opens up as you turn right, shifting to a hot-yet-clear tone with more clarity and definition.
• Gain: Cleans up and slims fuzz.
• Bias: Sets your overall hotness and thickness—from lower gain to higher gain than ever before! (Scratches when adjusted.)
• Voltage: Full-voltage when right—anywhere between 9v and 18, depending on what you feed it—and reducing voltage as you turn it down, relaxing gain levels and response. Down to just a few volts full-left.
• Highs: Smooths to dampens highs activity
• Level: Volume
• 3.7 x 4.7 aluminum enclosure
• Top-mounted jacks
• Requires 9v - 18v DC, center-negative adapter (not included). No batteries.
• Endless, transferrable warranty, free parts and labor on repairs.